Pages

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Without You

Hey everyone!  Long time no see – or chat with, in this case!  I’ve missed seeing what’s going on in all of your lives.  Work has been insanely busy over these past couple of weeks, so I have not had a chance to do anything except work and come home and spend precious little time with my family.  Now that work has slowed down, I can get back to my normal blogging routine.  Thank goodness!

One day last week, I left work to pick up lunch for my group, and I heard a song called Without You.  I have to tell you – when I first heard this song, I thought it was a worship song.  The first verse of the song says, “I can’t win, I can’t reign; I will never win this game without you.  I am lost, I am vain; I will never be the same without you.”  Sounds like they’re talking about Jesus, right?

It wasn’t until after the song was over and I heard a commercial start to play that I realized I wasn’t listening to my usual Christian music radio station (which happens to be a non-commercial radio station).  In fact, I was tuned into our local radio station that plays all of the coolest and hottest music.  I found out that the song is actually by David Guetta and Usher, and it really is just talking about living life without someone that you truly love.  I’m still convinced that this song could be talking about Jesus, but either way, it is definitely one of my new faves.

Today, I looked up the video for the song, and I think it’s incredibly well done.  It shows people from different parts of the world dancing, and eventually, they all come together to form one big dance party.  This video actually speaks to me in a big way.  Often times, I think I can do everything on my own – work a full-time job, take care of William, cook and maintain a clean home, and lots more.  I try to be SUPER WOMAN at all times, but I don’t have to be.  I have a husband who loves me and is always willing to help, I have a family who cares for me, and I have friends who are always there when I need them most.  I am truly blessed, and I just wouldn’t be the same without them.

If you haven’t heard this song before, I promise you will love it.  Check out the video here and let me know what you think! 

Lots of love,
Lori

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl, love how transparent you are!! SO glad to see you digging in and letting go. God has your back!! Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete