Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Music Inspiration: Lionel Richie

Over the weekend, I watched the 45th annual CMA Awards show.  My husband had recorded it for me because he knows how much I love country music (and thank goodness he loves country music as well!).  I really enjoyed the performances by Taylor Swift, Rascal Flatts, Keith Urban and Martina McBride. 

The absolute best part of the show for me was when Lionel Richie performed with other country artists.  First of all, I had no idea that he even sang country music!  I’ve always loved Lionel for his classic Motown hits such as “Three Times a Lady”, “Easy” and “Brick House”, so when the host of the show announced that Lionel Richie was about to perform, I was pleasantly surprised.  Needless to say, I was glued to the TV as I watched him perform, and I was completely inspired.  I’ve always had an idea that I wanted to sing country music, but there was something about seeing Lionel Richie perform on the CMA Awards that stirred within me an even a greater assurance that I want to sing country music!

Just in case you missed it, here is Lionel Richie singing some of his greatest hits with Little Big Town, Darius Rucker and, my personal favorite, Rascal Flatts.  Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment