I hope you all had a fabulous Memorial Day weekend last weekend. I know I did! I spent time with good friends, ate delicious food and enjoyed the beautiful sunny weather.
I also learned 12 things which made the weekend all the more enjoyable:
- Take a leap of faith and jump into the deep end of the pool. If my son can do it (with “floaties” on, of course), then I can do it too.
- God is BIG. Bigger than any circumstance, problem or issue that you have ever experienced, are experiencing or will ever experience.
- You can still look and feel attractive in a one-piece bathing suit. There's no need to try and squeeze into that old two-piece suit anymore.
- When you’re on a limited clothing and accessories budget, don’t get all worked up about what you can’t afford. Get excited about what you can afford.
- If something is important to someone you love, then make that something important to you too.
- You’re never too old to jump off a diving board.
- Take the time to have a conversation with a young teen. You might find that they are more polite, kind, considerate and compassionate than you imagined them to be.
- Leave the fancy camera at home. Your iPhone will be perfect for capturing those extra special moments.
- Spend actual face-to-face time with a friend that you haven't seen in a while. It’s a whole lot better than just chatting with them on Facebook.
- Don’t rush your child to do something they aren’t ready to do. In their own time, they will get it done.
- Give $25 of your personal money and sow a seed into someone else’s dream. You’ll be glad that you did.
- Never complain about having a busy weekend. Instead, be thankful for your busy weekend because it means that you have things to do and people to share those things with.