Pages

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Where the Spirit of the Lord is...

On Friday afternoon, after spending some quiet time with the Lord, He brought this scripture to my mind: "Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." (2 Corinthians 3:17)

This is a scripture that I've heard for years.  I have even sang these words in a lot of great worship songs, but never before had these words been so clear to me than they were on that Friday afternoon.  If the Spirit of the Lord is living in me - and I believe that He is - then that means that I am free.  I am free to sing, I am free to love, I am free to enjoy my life, and I am free to just be me.  I'm free!

At church on Sunday, we sang "I Am Free" by the Newsboys.  The words are simple but powerful.  "I am free to run, I am free to dance, I am free to live for you, I am free.  Yes, I am free!" 

For years, I made all kinds of excuses about why I was too scared to sing - no one ever encouraged me, no one ever told me that I was good enough, I don't have enough vocal training, I can't sing as high as Mariah Carey, and on and on and on.  But something changed within me on Sunday.  I felt like a veil had been lifted from my eyes.  I realized that it wasn't any of those things that had been holding me back from singing for all these years, it was me not believing that the power of the Most High God could come and dwell in me and bring freedom to me in ALL areas of my life - including singing!  I see now that I am free to sing because the Spirit of the living God lives inside of me, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom!  No more chains holding me...I am free!!

No comments:

Post a Comment