Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

One Thing Remains

Today has been a really fabulous Monday and that’s mostly because I had a really fabulous weekend.  My husband had planned to study at home all day Saturday and Sunday for his upcoming Series 7 Exam, so that left me to come up with fun activities for me and William to do that were outside of the house.   

On Saturday, I decided to take William to see the movie, Cars 2.  He’s not that much of a Cars fan, but I thought going to the movies would be a fun and exciting adventure for him since he had never been before.  So, off to the movies we went!  I had a really great time, and I think William had fun too.  I must say that it was quite a challenge for him to sit still in one seat for two full hours, but I was comforted by the fact that the theater was filled was at least 50 other two and three year olds that also could not sit still.  A few times during the movie he looked up at me and said, “Go home?”  To that, I would just respond in my nice, soft mommy voice, “No.  Look, we’re watching Cars 2!  Want some cheese balls?”  It's hilarious to me that I kept trying to bribe him with cheese balls to be still – but hey, it worked!

After the movie was over, we walked around outside the theater and came across this yellow wall on the side of another building.  I loved the bright color, and I think William loved it too because he ran right over to it to check it out.  This was a bright and cheery ending to a really wonderful day. 

 



On Sunday, William went over to my grandparents house to swim and play and I went to visit a church that my best friend currently attends.  On Sunday mornings while driving to church, I usually listen to “Enter His Gates” on KSBJ radio station, which is when they play all praise and worship music.  I love it because it prepares my heart to…well, enter His gates!  While listening to KSBJ, I heard a worship song that I had never heard before.  I was immediately hooked by the declarative chorus of the song, “Your love never fails, it never gives up, it never runs out on me.”  Just hearing this song really pumped me up and got me excited about going to church.  I didn’t catch the name of the song at the time, but I knew I had to find out the name and the artist of this song because I definitely wanted to hear it again. 
 
What I love most about church is the worship time, and the worship during this service was excellent.  It got even better when the worship team started to sing the same song that I had just heard in the car on my way to church – “Your love never fails, it never gives up, it never runs out on me.”  Wow, what are the chances that the very same song I heard in the car was now being sung at this church that I was just visiting!  I know that was not just a mere coincidence, but I believe that was God’s way of letting me know that He hears me and He is with me. 

I later found out that the song is called "One Thing Remains" and it is by Jesus Culture.  I love that this song talks about how God's perfect love casts out all fear (1 John 4:18), which means that I never have to be afraid.  This is exactly what I've been dealing with lately – fear of singing and sharing my songs with people.  Sometimes that fear is quite overwhelming, but this song reminds me that God's love is bigger and stronger than any fear.  I'm going to keep singing this song until this message – "perfect love casts out all fear" – is so deep in my heart that I begin to truly live knowing that I have absolutely nothing to be afraid of when it comes to singing.  HERE is the video to this song.  I hope it encourages you as it encourages me.


2 comments:

  1. Hello Lori,

    So glad you got to visit our church on Sunday! I am sorry I missed you. I just wanted to encourage you to continue to sing and write. The feelings of doubt and not being good enough are tactics that the enemy uses to try and discourage you from using your God given talents to glory God. I know these feelings of not being good enough all to well, as I too have surpressed my love for the arts for more years than I like to admit. Just recently, I was encouraged and inspired by watching Jemine fearlessly and faithfully pursure her dreams. I have begun painting again; something that I had given up many years ago to pursue a career in "Corporate America". It also helps to surround yourself with people who are passionate about pursuing their dreams, therefore, I challange, and encourage you to reach for the moon as you play amongst the stars, and let your God given talents be your vessel to reach the world with the purpose that God intended! XOXOXOX

    Lovingly in Him,
    Etta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Etta! Thank you for the wonderful words of encouragement! And I had no idea that you were a painter. I hope you will share some of your art with us as I'm sure it is beautiful. I did enjoy visiting your church, but was sad that you weren't there :( Thanks again for your awesome comment! I hope to see you soon (since I haven't seen you in a hot minute!) Love you.

    ReplyDelete