Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

The Winning Side

Last Tuesday night, I had the incredible opportunity to witness the Baylor University women's basketball team defeat Notre Dame to become the NCAA National Champions.  Although I was only watching the game from the couch in my living room, as a graduate of Baylor University, I felt like I was right there on the court celebrating with them.  I even felt like I was a part of the team - the national championship team.   

This reminded me a lot of my relationship with God. 

Yesterday, on Easter Sunday, we celebrated Jesus Christ being risen from the dead.  You see, when Christ rose from the dead, he conquered the grave and proved victory over death.  Jesus was and is victorious!  And since I am in relationship with Jesus Christ (Galatians 3:28-29, The Message), then I believe that means that I, too, am victorious.

For so many years, I told myself this story about how I wasn't good enough, how my voice wasn't good enough, and how my songs weren't good enough.  Well, today, I have a new story. 

My new story is that I am good enough!  I am good enough not because of anything that I have done, or anything that I ever will do, but because of what Jesus did when he died on the cross and then rose from the grave three days later.  That alone makes me good enough.  That alone makes me victorious.  That alone makes me know that I'm on the winning side.   

1 comment: