Pages

Monday, April 23, 2012

Desires of Your Heart


For years, I have been going to the Houston Rockets basketball games.  And for years, I've wanted to meet Clutch, the Rockets Bear.  Clutch is adorable, funny and always makes me want to smile.  I've only ever seen Clutch from far away, but it was always a desire of mine to meet him.  It wasn't anything that I ever put on my goal board or my bucket list, it was just a little something that I hoped to be able to do one day.  

Well, just last week, that desire came true.  We were at a Rockets game, and we happened to be at the right place at the right time (Thank you, God!) and we got to meet Clutch, get his autograph and take our picture with him.  I was more excited about it than anyone else in my family - even William!

That night, God reminded me that although I may have counted this desire as something small and not that important, He still knew it was a desire of my heart.  Psalm 37:4 says, "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart."  It is so awesome to know that God loves us and He longs to give us the desires of our heart when we first delight ourselves in Him.   

Have a great week!
Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment