Pages

Friday, September 23, 2011

Waiting for Tomorrow

I can’t live my whole life wasting
All the grace that I know you've given
'Cause you made me for so much more than
Sitting on the side lines

I don’t wanna look back and wonder
If good enough could’ve been better
Everyday’s a day that's borrowed
So, why am I waiting for tomorrow


These are the words to the song Waiting for Tomorrow by Mandisa.  Yep, I’m still listening to my new Mandisa cd, and every day I find a new song to call my favorite.  As I listened to this song in my car today, I was reminded of that song that I recorded on my video camera but wasn’t able to download onto my computer.  (Remember that?  If not, you can read about it here.)

Since writing that post, I haven’t made any effort to try and download that video from the camera.  The camera is still sitting on my bedroom dresser, and every time I pass by it I think to myself, “Oh, I’ll get to that tomorrow.”  I've been saying that same thing to myself for over a week now, and I still have done nothing. 
   
Earlier this week, a lady at my job passed away unexpectedly.  I didn’t really know her that well, but I would see her in the kitchen on a regular basis, so when I heard that she died, I was shocked.  She was very young, only 37 years old. 

It's in times like these when I really begin to realize that I can not take anything in life for granted because tomorrow is not promised to me. 

I already had a lot of stuff planned to do this weekend, but my #1 goal is to figure out how to get that video off of my camera and onto my blog.  I can't let another tomorrow just pass me by because I truly don't know how many more I will get. 

No comments:

Post a Comment