Pages

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Giants

For the past couple of days, I’ve been singing this song by Donald Lawrence.



Hearing this song always reminds me of David and Goliath - the story in the Bible about the young shepherd boy, David, who killed the giant, Goliath, with just a sling and a stone.  My favorite part of the story is when David looks Goliath straight in the face and tells him: 

"You come against me with sword and spear and javelin, but I come against you in the name of the LORD Almighty, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied.  This day the LORD will deliver you into my hands, and I’ll strike you down and cut off your head.  This very day I will give the carcasses of the Philistine army to the birds and the wild animals, and the whole world will know that there is a God in Israel.  All those gathered here will know that it is not by sword or spear that the LORD saves; for the battle is the LORD’s, and he will give all of you into our hands.”  (1 Samuel 17:45-47)

Wow, such boldness that David had!  That's the kind of boldness and confidence that I want to walk in everyday - not a boldness or confidence in my own self or my own abilities, but a boldness and confidence in God, knowing that He fights all of my battles for me.     

I wanted to share this song and this story as an encouragement to you (and to myself).  No matter how big of a "giant" you may be facing in your life right now, God is BIGGER, and he will always cause you to triumph.  You win!!

No comments:

Post a Comment