Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Gifts That Keep On Giving

My birthday is coming up in just three days, and I’m really excited about it.  I have so much to celebrate and be thankful for this year.  I’m married to a fantastic man, I have the most wonderful son, I live in a beautiful apartment, I have a job that I enjoy, and I have a wonderful family and amazing friends. 

One thing I’m very thankful for on my birthday is…presents!  Yes, I always love a good present.  This year, I’ve already gotten some really lovely birthday gifts. 

First, my very good friend gave me this beautiful necklace from Dogeared Jewels and Gifts.  I love the message behind the necklace – it's the little things.  This necklace will always remind me to enjoy and embrace the simple things in life.  And, it will always remind me of what a great friend I have.  {Thanks Candice!}



Second, my dad got me an iPad 2!  Woohoo!  I love this gift not just because it’s an iPad, but because it will always serve as a reminder to me that God knows even the secret desires of my heart.  I had been wanting an iPad for the past few months, but we are trying to spend less and save more, so I didn't think I could get an iPad anytime soon.  Then, about a month ago my dad asked me what I wanted for my birthday.  Only one thing popped into my mind – the iPad.  I was worried that he would think an iPad was too extravagant of a gift, but all he said was, “Sure, you got it.”  And now I have my very own iPad 2! {Thanks Popi!}



Finally, for the past year or so I had been asking my husband if we could have a cleaning service to come over and clean our home once a month.  I am good about keeping our home tidy and making sure that everything is in its right place, but I do not enjoy cleaning the bathrooms.  In fact, the only time I would ever really clean the bathrooms is when we were having people over.  That’s terrible, I know, but there was just never any time!  So, for the past year, I would casually mention to my husband that we should hire someone to clean our home, but he never seemed very interested.  I knew we were trying to save money, so I let it go.  Then, last week, my husband had someone from Molly Maid come over and now we are going to be getting our home cleaned once a month.  I smile just thinking about it!  Now when I'm at home, I can focus on spending time with my family instead of thinking about that ring around our tub!  {Thanks Babe!}

No comments:

Post a Comment