A few years ago, a good friend of ours told us about something called a “goal board.” His goal board was filled with photos of various things that he wanted and goals that he wanted to accomplish. As soon as I heard about this thing called a "goal board," I knew that I wanted to create one too. Here's what I had on my first goal board:
1) Picture of Halle Berry when she was pregnant. At the time, I desired to have a baby, and I wanted to be one of those pretty pregnant women like Halle Berry.
2) Picture of Marion Jones, the Olympic runner (although you can't see her face here). Looking back, this seems contradictory to the pregnant belly that I also wanted, but at the time, I had this desire to be super fit like an Olympic athlete.
3) I found this slogan that said "Going, Going, Gone," and that’s how I wanted to see our debt. I wanted our debt GONE once and for all.
4) Pictures of a home that I think is beautiful. At the time, we were living in an older apartment and I dreamed of living in a newer and nicer home.
5) Pictures of different places around the world. There are so many countries that I would love to visit.
6) Behind the picture of Halle Berry, I have a picture of a silver Range Rover, which was my dream car at the time.
7) Finally, a picture of my husband. I have that one there to remind me that I’m incredibly blessed to be married to a wonderful and handsome man.
I made that goal board over four years ago, and it's so cool to say that since that time, I have accomplished almost every goal on there! I eventually got pregnant and had a little boy (who is now 2 years old). We paid off all of our debt – Hallelujah! We are still living in an apartment, but we moved to a nicer and newer apartment that I love. I recently traveled to Mexico, which is a country that I had never been to before. The only things I have not accomplished are having a super-sculpted body like Marion Jones (which I’m totally fine with, I learning to like me just the way that I am), and I don’t have a silver Range Rover (but I did get a silver Toyota Camry which is completely paid for!).
I'm in the process of making a new goal board that features some new dreams and desires, and I can't wait to share it with you all!
So tell me, do you have a goal board? If so, what's on it?