Pages

Saturday, July 30, 2011

This One's For You, Babe!

This week at work has been absolutely insane for me.  I had a ton of reports to complete and not enough time in the day to get them done.  So, I ended up going in to work early, working through lunch, and leaving late every single day.  It was tough.  I don't want to sound like I'm complaining about my job because I really do enjoy what I do, but what I don't like is being away from my family for any longer than I have to be.  I also recognized that staying at work late was causing me to miss out on that time with my husband where we sit down to connect and talk about what happened in our day. 

Earlier in the week, I had planned for my grandparents to watch William today in hopes that my husband and I would get a little time to hang out together.  Unfortunately though, he had to study for an upcoming exam and I had to work from home for a few hours.  It seemed like today was going be another day of us not getting to spend time together, but I'm happy to say that I was wrong.  We actually went to eat breakfast at Chick-fil-A, which by the way has the best sausage, egg & cheese biscuit ever.  I know, going to eat breakfast at a fast food restaurant probably doesn't sound like the most exciting thing to do, but it turned out to be a lot of fun.  It was like a little breakfast date for us where we got a chance to connect, talk and laugh.  It was just what we needed.

My husband is always wonderful to me, but throughout this week he has been especially wonderful.  He did not complain one time about me having to work late, he took time away from his studying to bring me lunch at work one day because he knew I wouldn't have time to go out and get anything, he volunteered to pick up our son from daycare because he knew that I would need to work late a few nights, and he always greeted me with a smile, hug and kiss every evening when I got home.  For all of those things (and more), I am incredibly grateful to him for his love and support.  So, I'm dedicating this post to my husband.  This one is for you, babe!!  I love you.

One last thing before I go... After I finished working this afternoon, I felt like doing something a little creative, so I created this short slide show of some of my favorite pics of me and my husband.  Check it out!  I hope you like it.  :-)

1 comment: