Pages

Friday, May 27, 2011

A True Gentleman

Ok, so I’m two days late and a dollar short, but Scotty McCreery is the new American Idol!  What an exciting finale it was – jam-packed with superstars such as Beyonce, TLC, Bono, Jack Black, Tony Bennett and many more.  It was one of the best Idol finales that I can remember, and every performance just seemed to get better and better.  The last performance – Scotty singing his new song, "Love You This Big", after he was announced the winner – was definitely my favorite performance of the night.  I loved it not because he sang it perfectly, but because while he was singing, we went to hug his family members, his fellow Idol contestants, and the judges.  I don't recall seeing another winner do that on a finale show, and it was such a touching moment to witness.  Check it out here.

While watching this, all I could think was, “Wow, this guy is only 17 years old and he’s already a true gentleman.  I really wish I could talk with his parents so I could find out how they raised such a wonderfully humble young man.  I hope and pray that everything that I’m teaching my two-year-old son now will help him to grow up to be man of good character and a man who treats others with love, kindness, gentleness and respect.  Here’s a picture of me with my little man... a future gentleman!


No comments:

Post a Comment