Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

The Revelation


I took this photo on my first morning in Blue Ridge, Georgia.  I woke up extra early that morning so that I could have time to read my Bible and spend some quiet time alone with God.  I felt like He wanted to speak something to me, and this seemed like the perfect place.  The perfect spot for God to show up.  The perfect moment for a revelation. 

But it didn't happen that day.

That day ended up being the only day that I would wake up early to read my Bible.  I was so tired every morning from staying up late that I chose to sleep in and get as much rest as I could.  I never did build in any other quiet time.   

The vacation week passed by me in a speeding blur, and I left Blue Ridge without a revelation.  I was a little disappointed - mostly in myself for not making an effort to have more alone time with God - but I realized that if He really wanted to tell me something or reveal something to me, then He would.

Well, let me just say, God is faithful.

On the drive back, it was nearly midnight when I turned onto the freeway that would lead us to our home, and that's when it hit me:  the revelation. 

I am where I am supposed to be.
Living in Houston.
In my home.
At my job.
At my church.
With my family.
With my friends.
Where I am is where I am supposed to be.

This was not the exact revelation that I was expecting, but I can see now that this was the exact revelation that I needed to receive.  Sometimes, when I look at the big picture of my life, I start to wonder if I'm doing what's best for my life.  Am I on the right path?  Am I doing what I'm meant to be doing?  Am I fulfilling my purpose?

These questions tend to overwhelm me at times, but in that moment, in the dark of night, I received my answer.  I am on the right path.  I am in the right place.  I am where I am supposed to be.

2 comments:

  1. such a wonderful thing to be reassured of. God's so good. :-) Beautiful pic too :-)

    ReplyDelete