Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

4 Things I Can Cross Off My Bucket List

Hello there!  I'm finally back from vacation!  It was so nice to get away for a while, but it definitely feels good to be back at home and back on the computer typing away on my blog.   

We had the best time in Blue Ridge, GA.  It was an especially great vacation because I got to do some things that I've always wanted to do.   

Here are four things that I accomplished in Georgia and can now officially cross off my bucket list.

1.  Whitewater rafting.
I have always wanted to go whitewater rafting.  This was actually the very first activity we did when we got to Georgia, and it was by far my favorite part of the entire trip.  I can't wait to go again! 

2.  Zip Lining.
When I heard that they had zip lining in Blue Ridge, I knew that I could not pass up that opportunity, and I'm so glad that I didn't.

3.  Go down yonder on the Chattahoochee.
Ever since I was a kid, I've been singing Alan Jackson's Chattahoochee song, and ever since then, I've wanted to go to the Chattahoochee River.  The river was about an hour drive from where we were staying, but it was worth every mile.  We even stopped by the Chattahoochee National Forest which was truly a sight to see. 


4.  Stay in a cabin in the mountains. 
About two years ago I went to Tennessee and drove through the beautiful Smoky Mountains.  It was then that I made it my goal to one day stay in a cabin in the mountains.  Well, our cabin in Blue Ridge was just that - right smack in the middle of the mountains.  Breathtaking!

I hope you all enjoyed seeing a few photos from my vacation.  And I have to say a big THANKS to my step sister, Lisa for taking the photos of me whitewater rafting and zip lining.  Thanks, Lisa!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had lots of fun!!! What a beautiful vacation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, looks beautiful! YAY, you crossed off some really cool things on your list. We lived in ATL for 2 years and I never did any of the things you did on vacation! Shame on us.

    I hope you have a great week back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Shon! It's so cool that you lived in ATL for two years. I would love to live there-it's a beautiful city!

      Delete