Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Work In Progress


Some days, I feel like that tall glorious building in the background (the Williams Tower), standing tall, basking in the glow of the sun, and feeling like I can conquer the world.  

Other days, I feel like that small building in the front - the one that is under construction.  There's no pretty glass, no finished architecture, no beautiful sight to see, just a work in progress.

Today is one of those days - a work in progress day.   

It can be frustrating to know that I'm not complete, my dreams are not yet fully realized, and my accomplishments are not as great or as many as I would like for them to be.  

But there is hope!  Philippians 1:6 says, "being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."  

That is the hope that I'm holding on to today.

3 comments:

  1. Amen. I have a chapter about this in my next book. I write about how we are not scrap pieces of paper with doodles that never become a master piece. God is faithful to finish us. :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that - "how we are not scrap pieces of paper with doodles that never become a master piece.". Very well said!

      Delete