Pages

Friday, January 6, 2012

It's Football Time in Houston!

Do y’all know what time it is?

That’s right, it’s football time!  The Houston Texans are playing in the playoffs tomorrow (for the first time ever!) and I couldn’t be more excited about it.  

When I first heard that the Texans were going to the playoffs, I told my husband that I had to be at that game.  My dad is a season ticket holder and he gives me his tickets for a few games throughout the regular season, but I knew for sure that he would never give away his playoff tickets, so I figured I was going to have to buy some.  

Well, when the tickets went on sale, they were sold out in a matter of seconds.  It was unbelievable.  Then I checked a few of the ticket websites, and the price that people wanted to sell their tickets for was even more unbelievable!  It looked like we were just going to be hanging out at home watching the game.

A couple of days ago, however, my dad asked me to meet him for lunch.  It turned out that something had come up and he wasn’t going to be able to make it to the playoff game.  And since he wasn't going to be able to go, he told me that he wanted me to have his tickets so that I could go and enjoy the game.  How awesome is that!  He could have sold his tickets for hundreds of dollars, but instead he chose to give them to me.  What a gift!  

So, want to know where I’ll be tomorrow afternoon at 3:30 p.m?  I’ll be at Reliant Stadium with 70,000 people cheering on the Houston Texans.  GO TEXANS! 
Photo credit:  www.houstontexans.com

1 comment: